About Me

Monday, February 22, 2010

Day 33 - The Search Begins in Earnest

          At last the fever’s gone. The pain’s gone. I feel better than I have in ages. I went to the doctor today for blood work, urinalysis, and x-rays in preparation for Wednesday’s procedure. All the nurses and technicians were happy to see me. A place this friendly almost makes you want to stay sick forever.
          It’s time to start thinking seriously about getting a job now. I’ve updated my résumé and all the various information on the job boards relating to my experience, salary requirements, addresses, skills, etc. I’ve initiated automated job searches in several categories so that I will get updated lists of available jobs each morning. I’ve already started applying to jobs, but I haven’t really made a full time effort of it yet. I have, after all, been still working—up until Friday anyway. Now is the time to step up the effort. I’ll still be hampered somewhat by the continuing medical procedures to bust up the gravel in my kidneys, but I will have more time to devote to the search than I’ve had up until now.
          I also need to buy a new suit for any interviews I might get. I’ve put on enough extra pounds since I last had to dress for business that none of my suits fit anymore. I suppose I could try to lose some weight, but what if I get an interview right away? Better to get a new suit now and be ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. Tell me what you like and what you don't. Information, encouragement, criticism--I don't care. A day where I don't learn something new is a day lost to me.