|Covers don't have to be shaped like books anymore because books no longer have shapes!|
The eBook is titled Buses & Bears, Bullets & Stones. To buy it click on the title, or here. It is a collection of 5 short stories. It will cost 99 cents of your hard-earned money. If your money was easy to come by, the book is still just 99 cents. I don't discriminate. It will be delivered to you electronically and immediately. This is a very cool thing, I think - good for the forests and good for your gratification bone.
The stories themselves are a mixed bag of my best fiction. They are alternately funny, poignant, quirky, magical, and maybe a little scary. Not too scary though. I'm not a big fan of the scary, not since I jumped into my first date's lap at the drive-in movies when Joan Crawford swung that ax and made her charm bracelet sing in Straightjacket. Clinking jewelry still makes me cringe.
You will read:
|In which inveterate stoner, Sonny Crooks, can't seem to escape his dad's legacy - not even in a million dollar motor home.|
|Some people, they get something nice and luxurious, they feel compelled to show it to everyone they know. John Tinley longs for a sanguine escape from the office show and tell.|
|Two young Vietnam vets sort out their experiences in a trailer park on Galveston Bay. Bullets fly. Whiskey is murdered.|
|Merle Stinson needs to get her husband to stop cheating on her. Brigid Clooney, thin and knobby as a shillelagh, wants to help. Turns out you get what you pay for.|
- buy the book
- post a review on Amazon. it doesn't even have to be a positive review. pan my book if you must, although it would be better for me if you give me something constructive to work with. you can still win a prize!
- the first five reviews posted to Amazon will get a prize: YOUR CHOICE OF ANY PHOTO OR ARTWORK ON THIS BLOG. I will mail you an 8x12 inch print of the picture of your choice on either photo metallic paper or 140 lb water color paper, mounted, double matted, signed, and sleeved.
- all you have to do is make the first five, e-mail me your address and let me know which picture you want.
- I sell these things for $35 on Etsy. the materials alone cost me 7 times what I'm charging for the book. I call this a great deal. I hope you'll agree.
- I also hope you enjoy the stories because this is what I want to do when I grow up, and I'm already working on the next one. it's called Uncle Speed and the Tuner Punks. a middle-aged financial consultant mixes it up with a bunch of teen-aged import car enthusiasts and the local mob, steals their women, gets cross-wise with an enforcer from a Mexican drug cartel, and proves he'll risk just about anything to escape boredom.