About Me

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Half Full, Half Empty, Less than Zero

As many of you know I am busy trying to accumulate $749,000,000 using the so called Law of Attraction. You can read about it here, and here, and also here. I thought it would be useful today to mark my progress so far in raising this not inconsiderable sum. To wit I have prepared the following chart:




Fundraisers



As you can readily see the universe has so far provided none of the requested, believed, visualized, and accepted funds. ZERO is the thus far accumulated total. My thinking is that the universe better get freaking busy!


Forbes magazine puts Bill Gates net worth at somewhere north of $40 Billion. I'm putting mine at somewhere south of $1 Billion. In other words I am ascribing to myself approximately 1/40th of the value of Bill Gates. I am not one of those people who think that Bill Gates in an evil genius bent on world domination. I think Bill Gates works hard to make the world a better place, and he deserves every good thing that comes his way. So do I, and I am willing to settle for less than 1/40th of what Gates gets. I don't think this is unreasonable, although, apparently the universe does, at least so far.


I only have anecdotal evidence to go on, but after a careful analysis I have come to see my personal claim on the world's bounty like this:



As you can see my portion in life is less than half full, less than half empty, and less that a nice dram of Balvenie Double Wood Single Malt Scotch in a glass that is too big for it. It is less than ZERO because there is just enough spilled to let me know what I have missed, but not enough to lick up off the table.

If just one person buys my eBook at the Amazon Kindle Store, I will be 35 cents closer to my goal. I am more than willing to help the universe out a little. $749 million is no paltry sum, after all, even for a limitless universe. I'll do my part.

If that same person is then among the first five readers to post a review of my eBook on Amazon (see details here), I will send them an 8x12 print of the artwork of their choice from this blog, to include any photos and works available at my Etsy store (see the shop aimless arts tab above or just click here). In this case I would be out about $18 in materials, labor, postage and handling, but I would still count myself ahead of the game. I would still mark that I had made some progress, although of course I would have to subtract that sum from the red juice in the ball of the thermometer and hope to make it up in volume.

These new images are among those available in this sweet, sweet deal:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. Tell me what you like and what you don't. Information, encouragement, criticism--I don't care. A day where I don't learn something new is a day lost to me.