About Me

Friday, November 1, 2013

Moluccan Cockatoo



I was reading an excerpt from my new book (working title - Hiding Teeth) yesterday at a new writers' group I am trying on for size. While I was reading, a Moluccan Cockatoo named Floyd flew across the room and landed on my shoulder. I took it as a fortuitous omen. The group moderator said my writing was 'brilliant'. Taken together, I think that these two things mean that you should definitely buy my book, Speedster. Honest to God, you just can't argue with signs like that! BTW, Floyd is a girl. That's not her in the picture, but she looked just like that. Quite lovely don't you think? I think she was mesmerized by my reading voice. Someone else said I sound just like John Goodman. All in all, it was a pretty cool day for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. Tell me what you like and what you don't. Information, encouragement, criticism--I don't care. A day where I don't learn something new is a day lost to me.