About Me

Friday, January 27, 2012

Speed: not always a good thing




























Iconic blue sports car with a really big Ford V-8. Apparently I'm not allowed to say what kind of car this is because Carrol Shelby Licensing owns the trademark and copyrights to the name, the shape and the car itself. Suffice to say that these things would go from 0-100 and back to 0 in something like 11.4 seconds. Shelby gave one to Bill Cosby, who was a personal friend of his, back in the early 70's. Cosby returned it a short time later because he couldn't control it. It scared the crap out of him. The next owner drove it off a cliff into the Pacific. Sometimes you're just better off to keep your money in your pocket. And yet I'd really, really, really like to drive one around the block.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. Tell me what you like and what you don't. Information, encouragement, criticism--I don't care. A day where I don't learn something new is a day lost to me.