About Me

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Float Trip

Let's take a break from the aimlessness of joblessness, and explore the roots of aimlessness as the philosophy of peace. For your consideration: a poem I wrote for my wife on the occasion of our 11th wedding anniversary in 1994.

FLOAT TRIP

Me and my China Doll
bob and turn on the flood,
adrift on the float trip of our lives.
Sometimes
abused by storms,
shunted by currents,
scorched by the heat of our ambition
in strange places far from what we dreamed.
Still
we stop at marvels and beauty,
explore together where we may land,
and
rejoice in the kisses of angels,
which we share like candies,
gorging our grins.
Because
we are one
always
and we know
we cannot be sunk.

(c) 1994 Jonah Gibson


It would seem that I already knew then what I'm learning now, but didn't know what I knew. Aimlessness in its seminal form. 

Exciting new developments in aimlessness coming soon. Look for:
  • aimless apparel
  • aimless gift items
  • the aimless martini


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. Tell me what you like and what you don't. Information, encouragement, criticism--I don't care. A day where I don't learn something new is a day lost to me.